Thursday, June 11, 2009
Insurance Problems!
I have dual insurance coverage through my work (Regence BCBS)and Landon's work (Kaiser Permanente). This is very exciting for us because we shouldn't have to pay anything throughout my whole pregnancy and delivery of Kendra. However, over the past few months my employer has had problems with Regence BCBS and they completely canceled our insurance out of nowhere. The Vancouver Clinic never checked to see if I still had coverage at my last appointment so it was never canceled. Our rep for Regence told us that they would jump back on the band wagon and fix everything including our lapse in coverage (6 months). Unfortunately this didn't happen and I have to depend on my employer to foot all of my doctors bills. So in the meantime, I have new individual coverage starting on July 1st so that I will still be able to see my regular midwife. It was very difficult to find a new plan that would take me due to my pregnancy but it has all seemed to work out so far. I really don't want to lose my midwife. So for me.... Dual coverage is the way to go.


