Wednesday, September 15, 2010

1 Year Check up + Vaccines




















I went to see my pediatrician today for a check up and vaccines.  My height was 31 1/4" (97%) my weight was 21lbs. 14.2oz. (70%) and my head circumference was 18" (70%).  I was goofy and very talkative until the nurse decided it was time for my shots.  I was given two of them in each thigh.  I cried so hard that I that I barely made noise.  Luckily, for Mommy, it only lasted about 30 seconds and I calmed down.  The Pediatrician wanted Mommy to get me tested for led because we live in an older home.  She told us to walk down to the lab and they would just prick my finger, no big deal.  When we got to the lab we realized we were misinformed.  They had to take a full vial from my arm.  Mommy felt horrible but it had to get done.  Just like before I cried very hard but you could actually hear my true cry this time.  It was a long visit and we were happy to get the heck out of there.  After some baby Tylenol I passed right out.