Thursday, September 10, 2009

39 Wks Prenatal Visit

I met the last midwife of 5 today. Her name was Samantha and she was by far my favorite besides Kate! The first thing she asked me was if I wanted her to strip my membranes! I was at a loss for words not knowing what to do. Dad and Denise were still out of town (fishing on the coast with George & Darlene) and Jasmine wouldn't be able to come out to take pictures if I went into labor tonight (Simon's working). I asked Samantha to check me and see if it is even possible before I made a decision like that. Come to find out I was 70% effaced, station -1, and zero dilation. If I was dilated to even a one she would have been able to strip my membranes but that answered my question on whether I wanted it done or not. I wasn't aware of it but I was 60% effaced at my last visit. If I don't go into labor by 40 weeks they will be sending me to the hospital to get my amniotic fluid checked and check on Kendra.  I am guessing we would schedule an induction at that point too. I lost 1lb So I am down to 27 lbs now. Only one more appointment to go with Kate fields next week-Yippee!