3:30pm-Shopping at Michael's for a craft project. Feeling dizzy and just overall weird.
4:00pm-Meet Landon at Walmart to go grocery shopping after he got off work. Go in to the bathroom because my panties feel wet. See a bunch of slimy mucus on my panties and figure it was just more mucus plug. My mucus plug had originally come out the day before. Walk with Landon and grab groceries even though I feel "weird". Panties start feeling wet again but much more than before. Tell Landon to finish getting the groceries and I will meet him at the house. He is uneasy with me leaving without him but I insist.
4:15pm-Get to my car and realize I have a softball size wet spot all the way through my jeans and it HITS me-MY WATER BROKE! Call Landon and tell him to call his Mom while I call mine and to get home as soon as he can.
4:30pm-Get home and finish packing the hospital bags, change my clothes and clean up the house. My Mom shows up and she vacuums and does the dishes for me. I tell her I needed all of this done before we leave. Landon shows up while I was packing the bags and takes a shower. Landon and I leave for the hospital and Mom and Kevin drop Lily off at Dad and Denise's house on the way.
5:45pm-Arrive at the hospital. Nurses check for amniotic fluid. My Mom, Kevin, and Denise show up.(Dad is still at work unless I need him before midnight.)
7:30pm-Amniotic fluid confirmed, Kim and Holly show up.
8:00pm-Admitted to hospital-Room 138. Feeling slightly crampy and having mild contractions that I can't feel. Lori french braids my hair. We walk outside and through the halls. Use the birthing ball and I can't sleep so Denise massages my feet.
10:00pm-Holly, Bippe, and Lori go home.
2:00am-Still not progressing and Pitocin is administered to induce labor. Holly came back with brownies and Mt. Dew.
3:00am-Truly started laboring and feel my contractions.
4:00am-Hard contractions start so we walk all around the hospital hallways and Landon & Dad hold me during each contraction. Denise & my Mom take each breath with me during the contractions.
5:00am-Nurse checks me and I am 2 centimeters and have contractions that are 2-4 minutes apart. Sitting on the birthing ball wih my upper body leaning on the bed and Landon sitting behind me is my most comfortable laboring position. I got sick from the pain and vomited in the bathroom garbage can. Denise brought in a cold wash cloth and put it on to the back of my neck. This stopped the vomiting instantly. Holly left again.
6:30am-Kim has to leave for work. She is very upset because she wants to be here for us & the birth of Kendra.
8:30am-Nurse checks me again and I am already 8 centimeters/80% effaced. I requested an epidural. I started puking about 5 minutes after the epidural was placed. The babies heart rate drops to 90 for 5 min w/dips in th 70's. 7 nurses and 2 doctors rush in and have me try laying in different positions and then try giving me oxygen. Kendra's heart rate went back to normal.
9:15pm-Denise is giving me more massages & I'm resting.
11:00pm-Nurse checked me again and I am dilated to 9 centimeters. I rest and watched the monitor. My contractions are 1-2 minutes apart. I am not having any pain.
12:10pm-Nurse comes in and checks me again and I am already dilated 10 centimeters. Midwife is called in-I am ready to push!The nurse is setting up the room.
12:14pm-Midwife suits up.
12:21pm-Start pushing.
12:29pm-Kendra's head comes out and her shoulders are stuck. She turns blue "Code Blue". Midwife pulls Kendra out, cuts the cord and puts her on my chest for about 10 seconds. Kendra finally cries and a ton of nurses & doctors pile in the room but everything is okay now.
12:32pm-Kendra is born.
Landon and my Mom held my legs and Dad cooled my head with a wet wash cloth. Denise video taped and walked Kim through what was happening over the phone.
Kendra Lee Merrill
Sept. 16 2009
6lbs. 15oz. 19 inches
12:32PM


